Too many times I have seen guys and girls that do really stupid things while they are trying to get a so-called workout! This list should be read by everyone. If you are engaging in any of the following tactics then do us all a favor and stop trying to workout!
10 Ways To Make Yourself Look Stupid During A Workout:
1. You Drag Your Gym Bag Around During The Workout: This particular behavior really annoys me. I wonder if these people have ever heard of a locker room or their vehicle? If you are dragging a gym bag around and taking up space you are not only in my way, but you’re annoying the rest of us as well. Use some common sense and store away the gym bag.
2. You Talk On Your Cell Phone When You Are Supposedly Training: I’m not impressed in your stock trade or how many dates you have lined up for the weekend. Go home or go back to the office to handle your business. When in training put the damn cell phone away and put forth some physical effort and you might actually get some results!
3. You Talk During The Entire Workout: If you have enough breath in your body to carry on a conversation about any other topic other than how much weight you should be lifting then you are using up unnecessary oxygen. This is a true lack of focus and is a big enough problem in today’s society without you impeding your workouts. Learn to train with focus.
4. You Play With Your Ipod: This one really annoys me. If you are too concerned about your playlist you aren’t getting anything done. Unless you are out jogging or walking for a reasonable amount of time you should have no use for an ipod when strength training. Once again learn to rid yourself of distractions for at least 45 minutes in the day.
5. You Walk In Front Of People In The Middle Of A Lift: As you know I love training with kettlebells. I have been totally isolated at an outdoor area and out of nowhere have had idiots run directly in front of me during the swing lift. Unless you want your head separated from your shoulders with my kettlebell stay out of the way. This is true with any lift whether you are training indoors or not. Use some common sense.
6. You Engage In Lifts With Improper Form: If you have never tried a particular lift (kettlebell swing, dead lift, power clean, etc.) then don’t try it without some sort of expert instruction. Either pay for the training or pay for the surgery! This is a no brainer to me, yet I see this one violated all the time.
7. You Whine Too Much: Its ok to have a slight grumble from time to time, but if you are going to cry every single time you’ve got to do something challenging then just go home and cry there.
8. You Scream Too Much: I just love the idiots that think they are lifting heavy to scream and rant as if they’ve accomplished something. Unless you are established and respected for your lifting then shut up. No one wants to hear the little Chihuahua yapping and when you do this people are reminded of how stupid you really are.
9. You Wear More Equipment Than Darth Vader: If you come in to train fully equipped with a weighted belt, gloves, straps, wraps, and any other unnecessary piece of equipment you are being ridiculous. Be sensible. Man had to be functional without all of that stuff long before gyms were around and if you need to depend on that then you might as well not show up. Use only what you know you need and gloves do not fall into that category.
10. You Ask Stupid Questions: That old statement “There is no such thing as a stupid question,” is false. There is a such thing and I don’t want to hear it come out of your mouth. Once again, if you are about to ask me a question I want you to think it through before it comes out of your mouth. In other words, if you examine something closely a lot of the time you can come out asking an intelligent question. An example of a stupid one would be something like “Are we going to do any cardio?” when you are standing there barely able to breathe after running through a series of circuit training drills.
If you have experienced any of what I have talked about above then you can relate. I’m sure you haven’t violated any of these listed items, but I’m sure you have witnessed someone that has. If you want to avoid further problems like this and help others to the you need to go ahead and become one of my Elite members and automatically receive my FREE guide: 10 Step Method To Strength: Mastering The One Arm One Legged Push Up! Remember that most anyone can train hard, but only the best train smart my friend.